Obd adapter

• Hello

it seems that it is not possible for an audi dealer to connect to the OBD socket for reading error code.
    ktm would change 2 pin in the plug.

After many research on internet I found this

http://www.race-technology.com…ex.php/ECUType/KMSKTMXBow

ktm x-bow obd connector :

• Pin 3 CAN HIGH
    • Pin 11 CAN LOW

Audi connector :

Pin 2 - J1850 Bus+

Pin 4 - Chassis Ground

Pin 5 - Signal Ground

Pin 6 - CAN High (J-2284)

Pin 7 - ISO 9141-2 K Line

Pin 10 - J1850 Bus

Pin 14 - CAN Low (J-2284)

Pin 15 - ISO 9141-2 L Line

Pin 16 - Battery Power

Maybe we can buy an obd cable and change the pin 6 to pin 2 and the pin 11 to pin 14
    and after that we can ecu every obd software to read and reset error code

• It is connected! Perhaps first Dallara not or changed pins, but my 2010 x-bow works fine with Audi-tester. You can see it in wiring diagram or for sure look behind coverage.

Best tool for diagnostic x-bow engine is VCDS! A tip from me, switzerland dealer is not very friendly support ;-)

• Hy sebi, ist das möglich, dass die Aktivierung mittels VCDS geschehen kann?

Oder welche Tools werden hierfür benötigt?

Generic OBD communication is not active in X-Bow BWA ecu, but it´s possible to activate it. Ask your chiptuner for it. :wink:

• Nein geht nicht mit normalen Diagnosetools, das muss wirlich im Steuergerät umprogrammiert werden. Ist dein Steuergerät noch Serie oder wurde schon was dran gemacht? Am einfachsten wäre es das Ganze von einem Chiptuner machen zu lassen...

• Ich habe eine 2009er Club-Sport mit einem 300PS ABT Tuning und der TONWON OBD2-reader funktioniert einwandfrei.

Ob ABT seinerzeit was geändert hat, entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis.

• Generic OBD mode is disabled in early X-Bow, only manufacturer diagnosis is active, VCDS use manufacturer mode. Connect VCDS and try to connect to engine address 01 first. Then try OBD-II / EOBD connection from startscreen. If only generic connection fails it´s 100% not a wiring problem.

The function needs to be enabled in ecu software using chiptuning tools. It´s not possible to enable EOBD with VCDS.

• Hi sebi, on pin 3 and 11 it is Can high and low direc from the Bosch med 9.1 (and dsg if you have that), so vcds can connect to them. it have nothing with KTM they.

i know that some of the KTM you can use the standard pin high/low, to comunicate with vcds.

• Maybe this bug was fixed in newer software, i dont know. Anyway CDL software is a lot of better then BWA software, too many bugs inside from turbo lag up to hanging gas, etc.

• Hi sebi, on pin 3 and 11 it is Can high and low direc from the Bosch med 9.1 (and dsg if you have that), so vcds can connect to them. it have nothing with KTM they.

i know that some of the KTM you can use the standard pin high/low, to comunicate with vcds.

Problem is not VCDS and pin connection, problem is GENERIC EOBD connection.

• There are 2 different communication modes:

1) Manufacturer mode -> e.g. for VCDS connecting via address 01

2) EOBD mode -> e.g. VCDS connecting via EOBD button OR used for emission test OR used for some dataloggers OR used for cheap generic diagnostic tool

There are different commands used.