Semi Slick

• Yes we had two times, as i know, with the same driver, on KTM X-Bows with the problem. We know the driver so it is real, i have seen the pictures of the tyre. It happens after 1000 km road driving and i think one or two laps on the Nürburgring GP Track

• The Yoko AD08r?

Hello LaSource and welcome to the Forum.

Yes, we speak about the AD08R.

You will also find informations here.

I think everyone has to find his own compromize depending of his usage and also of his feeling on the track. I switched last year from the R888 to the AD08R because of the problems with the R888R and after 2 trackdays in Imola and Mugello, I'm very happy. Next weekend (April, 8th), I'll be back in Dijon where I used the R888 last year. So I'll be able to compare the laptimes, but I rather sure that I'll be as fast as with the R888. I'll write it on the Forum just after.

By the way, if you want, you can tell us here when you are going on Tranckday's. Maybe one day some of us will join you. It would be great to drive one day at Silverstone ;-).

Have a nice day,

Stephan.

• Thank you for the welcome - and apologies for the abrupt entrance today :)

I need to decide on which set of new tyres for next week. I am planning to be at Spa Mon-Wed.

I was there end of last October for the first trip in the XBow with R888 fronts and R888R rears. Difficult to get a clear lap on a track day but managed to do a lap down to 2m43s (just to give an indication to our readers of the pace I am driving at in case that is relevant). Whatever tyres I take I can also likewise compare how the car is running.

dx_n5ppi-VI

Actually I'm hoping to also take a set of slicks for some more fun :)

Ok will update the trackday thread - yes everyone is welcome at Silverstone :) It is another great higher speed circuit - though a bit flat and so doesn't have the roller coaster ride of spa. I personally mainly run on Silverstone, Spa, and the Nurburgring. Though unlikely to take the XBow to the ring for self preservation reasons! The ring I use M3 or GT3.

When comparing alternative tyres - apart from the AD08r has anybody tried the Nankang AR-1? (yes, pray for no rain!)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von LaSource ()

• Excellent Driving !

Last year, the fastests of us had best laptimes between 2:43 and 2:49 in Spa. So it's more or less similar to your's. It was in June and we used all R888 at this time. This year a lot of us will be there on August 7th and some of us will have AD08r. So we will be able to compare them.

I never saw something about Nankang AR-1 in the forum. Sorry.

Have a nice day,

Stephan.

PS: Here are some videos from last year:
    t9gIvGmweI4
    IMdHnzt99_Q

• No Problem and good luck with your new tires :thumbsup:

Thanks - AD08R have now been ordered

Thanks for the links. Some fine driving there!

I'll let you guys know how I get on with the AD08Rs next week. Pray for dry weather! :thumbsup:

• Bin wirklich mal gespannt was ihr über den AD08R sagt !

Überlege mir den auf den 2 Satz Felgen zu machen als Reserve
    Hätte dann bei Regen eine Alternative zu den Toyo R888

• Gesagt haben Patrick (Mac74) und ich bereits schon viel. Was uns noch fehlt ist der direkte Vergleich. Aber der wird demnächst stattfinden und dann werden wir berichten ;-).

• Habe gestern auch 2 AD08R für vorne bestellt, weil ich einen gewaltigen Bremsplatten von Mugello habe. Preis 115.- Euro pro Stück inkl. MWST und Lieferung. :thumbsup:

Yes I was very surprised about the cost of the tyres too - something like £99 for the fronts! Half the price of normal performance road tyres it would seem.

Nice driving

Wich power do you have ?

Thanks. The car has quite a few upgrades - though power wise the dyno reported 340hp (which I know is not always accurate). I suspect it has had the same upgrades as a 360hp car - map, turbo, charge cooler, fuelling, engine blueprint, Proflex suspension, brakes, some aero, etc, etc, :)

I'm still getting used to it. The video above was from first trip to Spa in this car. Still need to learn to take corners with aero support.

• So, Jungs, jetzt hat Patrick (Mac74) das ultimative Argument für den AD08r gefunden ! Ratet mal, was die in die Gummimischung hineintun. Orangenöl (!), weil das ein Bomben Haftmittel sein soll. Vielleicht sollte ich es beim Gepiss meiner Grossmuter ausprobieren... :achtung ironie:

Und hier ist der Beweis.

• OMG - Spa is glorious today! Blue sky, dry track! :thumbsup:

Ok - quick help. What hot tyre pressures do you guys recommend? I'm on AD08R today.
    Tomorrow I will try Michelin slicks. Same pressures on slicks?

Thanks.