Beiträge von LaSource

Alternatively there is also the 225/45.

Basically I have a set of Yoko A052 265/35-18 for the rear and am trying to find an avalable matching set for the front axle on std alloys.

So with 265/35 on the rear, the options for the front are:

- 215/40 (not 45)

- 225/45

Any suggestions for best match?

I use 215/40-17 and 265/35-18

I am finding problems trying to get 215/45-17 I can see some 215/40 available. My maths tells me that is a ~10mm reduction in profile height.

How are you finding the 215/40? Are you using them for hard track use or just road driving?

Thanks

Looking for feedback on tyre sizes and tyres

I need some high performance track tyres on OEM 5 bolt wheels. Typical sizes I have used in the past are:

215/45/17 fronts

255/35/18 rears

However I have heard people also use 265 rears. Any examples of this? Any other sizes being used for fronts too?

As for manufacturer I'm thinking Yoko A052 or equivalent. Anything better out there?

Thanks.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/jnQbNzB.jpg]

Dont want to come across as being negative, but according to someone i know who has raced Xbows and worked on them for years, all the rear wing does is slow the car down???

I think it depends on circuit and cornering speeds.

I also was of the suspicion that perhaps it only gives drag for little benefit. However recently at Portimao I changed the rear wing to the smaller road wing for one session....it was scary at final corner where at 160kph+ the rear of the car losing grip was not fun! Also turn 1 braking from ~225kph you also feel the rear has less grip and unstable (but maybe brake bias could improve that).

Separately when I took off the rear wing at a local UK track (Snetterton) it was more fun as the rear was 'looser' and the car rotated more. However corner speeds are not as high as Portimao.

Dijon, I suspect it slows you down more but haven't tried it without the big wing

Hi - Unfortunately the engine in the XBow blew up last week. Looks like a rod punched a hole in the bottom block.

So I will be looking for a new engine for the Xbow. The car was previously running about 350hp with additional upgrades. Therefore I am looking for solutions that give 360+ hp. 400+ would be nice but it needs to be reliable for track day use so not sure if that is possible.

What do you recommend as a starting point? I have been advised to go S3 CDL engine. Anyone tried a 5cyl TTRS engine?

Thanks.

I guess I was being lazy thinking. Instead of one that lasts a week, get one that lasts longer (even though car is normally on trickle charge) for the additional 5 kgs…

...but maybe I blaspheme on a lightweight forum :D

Hi - I have a 2009 XBow (upgraded to 350hp). It currently has a lightweight battery (similar to a motorcycle battery). It recently lost charge at a track day. I am thinking of replacing it now with a tradition/normal battery.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what size/type of battery is appropriate for the XBow?

Also, any tips or pointers on the replacement procedure? Key in ignition, not in ignition? Find little nephew to crawl into passenger footwell? :)

thanks.

Hi - can I ask which MAF you tend to replace with nowadays? The little plastic retaining clip is broken on mine so I thought I would replace with a new MAF.

The current one has the following markings:

HC1 AFH60M-27

I believe it may be a Hitachi item? Not sure if it is the original MAF or has been previously replaced. Usually I understand most people recommend Bosch items

[Blockierte Grafik: https://i.imgur.com/shrrC25.jpg]

Thanks.

Yes - broken turbo :(

The intake impeller nut had come off and jammed into the fan blades. Could have been worse I guess

Wimmer correctly diagnosed the issue with the turbo...and then gave me an additional nice bill for a 'smoke test' which I hadn't really asked for. Language barrier meant they were not motivated to get me back on the road same day even though I could see they had a spare turbo on the shelf (standard K04).

But any way, car came back to UK and now fixed and back on the road.

My adventure with slicks at Spa remained unfulfilled. Last time the gearbox broke before I could try the slicks, this time the turbo before I could get any heat in them....so operation sub 2.40 will have to wait until another time! Think from now on the XBow will only go as a spare car, I cannot trust it as the only car at a European track day. Wish I had also taken the GT3RS at Spa - was going to but backed out at the last minute.