Beiträge von LaSource

Ok - quick report.

AD08R - they were great today. Very grippy, stable pressures and temps. Did not go off even over long 30 min stint.

I found them as good as (if not better) than my previous outing on R888 fronts (maybe 4 year old) and R888R rears (<12 months old)

Even managed to get laptime down another second to 2.42 (vbox ideal 2.41). Unfortunately video clip has some condensation

4pX5fUdH4yI

Unfortunately I have another problem. Something wrong with Clutch or Gearbox - will post on separate thread. I am meant to be on Spa track Tuesday and Wednesday too but I need to fix the car! Does anyone know any recommended XBow/Audi mechanics in the Spa Francorchamps area?

Thanks

OMG - Spa is glorious today! Blue sky, dry track! :thumbsup:

Ok - quick help. What hot tyre pressures do you guys recommend? I'm on AD08R today.
    Tomorrow I will try Michelin slicks. Same pressures on slicks?

Thanks.

Hi - so what are the view and experience of both types of rim styles.

I personally find 5 holes much easier for amateur tracking then centre locks - smaller wrenches, only one person needed to change wheels, less mental worry about torque levels, etc.

However, is it for example easier to get alternative rims if they are centrelocks?

Finally are all centre lock hubs easy to convert to 5-studs by just removing the conversion plate? Or are some hubs dedicated centre from factory? I am wondering if I could easily change my centres to 5-studs.

Habe gestern auch 2 AD08R für vorne bestellt, weil ich einen gewaltigen Bremsplatten von Mugello habe. Preis 115.- Euro pro Stück inkl. MWST und Lieferung. :thumbsup:

Yes I was very surprised about the cost of the tyres too - something like £99 for the fronts! Half the price of normal performance road tyres it would seem.

Nice driving

Wich power do you have ?

Thanks. The car has quite a few upgrades - though power wise the dyno reported 340hp (which I know is not always accurate). I suspect it has had the same upgrades as a 360hp car - map, turbo, charge cooler, fuelling, engine blueprint, Proflex suspension, brakes, some aero, etc, etc, :)

I'm still getting used to it. The video above was from first trip to Spa in this car. Still need to learn to take corners with aero support.

What you want to know exactly ?

I have two RHD XBows. One is the track car, the other is a very low mileage (~4k miles) original car. I may sell this second car and was wondering whether it would be attractive to LHD buyers if the cost of conversion is reasonable. Seemed to me that conversion should be fairly simple unlike normal cars - mainly steering and pedal box really.

Thank you - as suspected then technically simple. Great link too.

No Problem and good luck with your new tires :thumbsup:

Thanks - AD08R have now been ordered

Thanks for the links. Some fine driving there!

I'll let you guys know how I get on with the AD08Rs next week. Pray for dry weather! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the welcome - and apologies for the abrupt entrance today :)

I need to decide on which set of new tyres for next week. I am planning to be at Spa Mon-Wed.

I was there end of last October for the first trip in the XBow with R888 fronts and R888R rears. Difficult to get a clear lap on a track day but managed to do a lap down to 2m43s (just to give an indication to our readers of the pace I am driving at in case that is relevant). Whatever tyres I take I can also likewise compare how the car is running.

dx_n5ppi-VI

Actually I'm hoping to also take a set of slicks for some more fun :)

Ok will update the trackday thread - yes everyone is welcome at Silverstone :) It is another great higher speed circuit - though a bit flat and so doesn't have the roller coaster ride of spa. I personally mainly run on Silverstone, Spa, and the Nurburgring. Though unlikely to take the XBow to the ring for self preservation reasons! The ring I use M3 or GT3.

When comparing alternative tyres - apart from the AD08r has anybody tried the Nankang AR-1? (yes, pray for no rain!)

Hi, the problem is, that the new Toyos R888R are bursting after a short time (1000 km). Thats the reason to look after another tire, whish is stable. At this time it looks like the winner is the Yokohama.

The Yoko AD08r?

Hi, the problem is, that the new Toyos R888R are bursting after a short time (1000 km). Thats the reason to look after another tire, whish is stable. At this time it looks like the winner is the Yokohama.

Thanks for the response.
    Really? I currently have R888 on the front and R888R on the rear (they were on when I bought the car). I have done quite a few days at Silverstone and two at Spa and they were fine (ok, I appreciate maybe I've just been lucky!). They were also fine on the E46. Plus here in the UK don't think this has been talked about as an issue.

Is the bursting happening on lightweight cars like the XBow or across other heavier platforms too?

...and forgive my questioning (because this forum is the first I have heard of it), but is this a real confirm/regular situation or online rumours built up due to an unlucky event or two?

Hello all,

I am have a track upgraded (~360bhp) Xbow here in the UK and was looking for some tyre advice. Apologies I only speak English but will use Google Translate if it helps :)

I use the XBow for track days (Spa, Silverstone, etc) and was going to put on some Toyo R888R tyres (215/255 sizes).

If I read the posts here correctly then it seems you guys are not so happy with the new R888R tyres? I have used them on an E46 M3 for track and thought they were superb.

Perhaps you can give more details on why the R888R are causing some concern? Also, if the R888R is not prefered, what is the next best option for track grip?

Thanks!

Hallo alle,

Ich habe einen Track Upgrade (~ 360bhp) Xbow hier in Großbritannien und war auf der Suche nach etwas Reifen Beratung. Entschuldigungen Ich spreche nur Englisch, werde aber Google Translate verwenden, wenn es hilft :)

Ich benutze die XBow für Track-Tage (Spa, Silverstone, etc.) und wollte einige Toyo R888R Reifen (215/255 Größen) anziehen.

Wenn ich die Beiträge hier richtig lese, dann scheint es, dass ihr mit den neuen R888R-Reifen nicht so glücklich ist? Ich habe sie auf einer E46 M3 für den Track benutzt und dachte, sie waren hervorragend.

Vielleicht können Sie mehr Details darüber, warum die R888R sind einige Bedenken? Auch wenn die R888R nicht bevorzugt ist, was ist die nächste beste Option für Track Grip?

Vielen Dank!