Help! Clutch or gearbox issue at Spa

• Hi - So XBow is not well today after one day at Spa.

There is a loud rattle coming from clutch area (goes away when clutch is pressed).
    When driving in 1,2,3 gears there is a loud rattle/metallic sounds from the back of the car.
    In 4th gear the sound becomes very loud.
    The clutch doesn't have a smooth biting point anymore - the car suddenly lurches forward. Reverse the car was not happy - it kept 'getting stuck' once moving backwards.

I am thinking the problem could be: Bearing plate, Flywheel, or gearbox. Any similar experiences?

Also, any recommended garages to fix the car near Spa Francorchamps? I will be showing the car to RSR mechanic first thing in the morning but not sure if they will have time to fix.

Thanks

• You have one of the best KTM X-Bow garage in Solingen near Cologne, about 2 hours from Spa ([url = 'www.wimmer-rst.de'] www.wimmer-rst.de [/ url]).

The gearbox and the clutch is the standard Audi s3 gearbox and clutch and that is also the problem. It's the "weak point" of the car. If you have more than 450NM of torque, you need to improve both. Look at this [url = 'http: //www.xbow-forum.eu/wbb/board58-technik-und-tuning/board3033-technik/22886-getriebeprobleme/'] link [/ url] for example.

I have more or less the same tunning as you and I had to improve the clutch. I handle the gearbox very carefully, but I know that I must also improve the gearbox one day.

good luck

Stephan.

• Thanks Stephen. I'll see if I need to get parts or anything from them - will try RSR first as right at circuit.

I believe my car had an upgraded Sachs racing clutch.

• Hello. It is really a problem with the gear box ?

I took the car to Wimmer - they took out the clutch & gearbox housing and reported that the clutch was fine and problem seemed to be in the gearbox. As it couldn't be fixed immediately anymore, the car has come back to UK. Gearbox will be stripped down next week to see what we find.