There are 2 different communication modes:
1) Manufacturer mode -> e.g. for VCDS connecting via address 01
2) EOBD mode -> e.g. VCDS connecting via EOBD button OR used for emission test OR used for some dataloggers OR used for cheap generic diagnostic tool
There are different commands used.
My experience with BWA Engine and Bosch MED 9 ECU:
- OBD communication needs adapter because KTM changed CAN High and CAN Low Signal Pin (or you simply change the pins)
- VCDS manufacturer communication --> works
- VCDS EOBD/OBD II communication --> does not work (see screenshot from VCDS)
- EOBD/OBD II communication via HHOBD Device --> does not work
Is VCDS Manufacturer communication based ond KWP2000 Protcol?
Which tool is necessary to unlock EOBD on MED9 BWA engine ECU?