What slicks for XBow?

• No they are not similar to real slicks! Its a Semi from China, but not cheap! The first tyre you could really use from Nangkang. I do have them for street driving. I think they are heavy! Next time i go with Federal RSR 595 again.

• No they are not similar to real slicks! Its a Semi from China, but not cheap! The first tyre you could really use from Nangkang. I do have them for street driving. I think they are heavy! Next time i go with Federal RSR 595 again.

federel RSR ??????? how can you drive with this tyre ... it's bullshit

for the small price difference it's better to use ad08r

• @ LTG: Is Taiwan not China? OK, Republic of China. ;-)

mac94 : No it is not bullshit. For street driving its ok! Federal RSR 595 is not a street tyre and NOT a Semi. It is somewhere between UHP tyre and semi. It has a wide temperature window for grip and good braking while street driving! The Federal RSR 595 is also very good on track when temperatures are really low, and/or on cold, wet track when it is not or slightly raining and 100% cloudy! Then it behaves like an intermediate.

Nobody can tell me, that he can hold a real semi tyre (like Toyo 888 an AD08R) in the correct temperature window while street driving all the time! Its just impossible! Real semi tyres for street driving are just like dead fish in a pond, they are swimming up, but not as they should.

I only do track driving with slicks, so i have my suspension on the xbow optimised that way. With that setup street tyres have big wear & do not last long. The price for Federal RSR 595 is about 40% less than AD08R, so this is not a small price difference. In my opinion the Federal RSR595 is a very good street tyre, for a fair price.

• For me the AD08(R) is way better for street driving then the RSR595, i tested both and wrote about it 6 years ago: Yokohama Advan Neova AD08

The RSR595 had absolutely no grip in street driving because it was always too cold. And even if you get some temperature inside it will loose temperature very soon in normal driving. For AD08R you dont need more temperature then RSR595 as you expect, it´s vice versa. And they hold the temperature better. Also the AD08R is even cold better then a normal street tyre.

But i dont know if these RSR595 tyres was improved over last years, but anyway i will not buy a tyre again which get cracks after some street driving...

The AD08R is changed now to AD08RS, it seems for more economy...

Edit: Btw i never really tried the AD08R in wet conditions or under 15° ^^

• I think exactly the same

• Hi - so revisting this thread.

I recently bougth some Pirelli slicks but we could not mount them on the Racing wheels. Apparently the XBow wheels have a strange 'lip' that the pirellis could not mount on.

Apart from the standard Michelins, which other Slick brands work with KTM wheels?

Hello,

I just bougth Racing wheels as well, and there is this warning inside all rims :

Tire installation seems to be inverted compared to standard.

I installed many tires on different rims and I never saw that ever. Maybe linked to "strange lip" you speak about...

I don't have bought tires yet, I would like to resolve this mistery first :) (But surely Yokohama A052 if compatible)

Does anyone know why it would be dangerous to install tire from front side of rim ??

What special these rims are ?

Thanks for reply.

Echomz