Beiträge von MichaelK

I purchase # 179 in 2008 and after driving the car three year in Europe, I imported the car into the US. I turned the car into a track toy with the support of KTM as this was the first car officially imported. After a small incident at the track we turned the toy into a RR with suspension, engine and aero modification. After 55000 miles (50% on track) we still Dino 314hp on the wheels. In 2017 I purchase a Gt4 as well and the old baby is at road America only 4.5 sec slower as the new car. All I like to say is, that the nice thing of the car is that all parts are bold on and the set up can be complete relativ easy.

In the past there was a problem with the VW group so KTM did not get the OK to run the car in the US for liability reason. There are three or four cars that had been imported from England as "KIT Cars". Two cars had been supplied without motor and assembled here. A couple years ago it was possible to import into Montana and get the car registered there.
    Starting next year KTM will import the R as a track car only into the US not street legal.

Since years I am using Hoosier tires. Last set 45 heat cycles 2000 - 2500 km never any problems. Fronts will take 5-7 km to get heat into the tires.
    My 2008 is updated to 317 hp on rear tires (360 - 370 from crank) therefore forces are high.
    Tire marking A = qualifying tires (used often in Autocross0

Order Details
    Order Number: AF36896
    Order Date: 04/07/2016
    Shipping Method: UPS Ground
    Items Shipping from: South Bend, IN

PRODUCTS ORDERED

Size & Description Qty Availability Price Each Item Total
    P225/40ZR-17 HOOSIER A7 LL
    2 In Stock $284.00 $568.00
    P255/35ZR-18 HOOSIER A7 LL
    2 In Stock $349.00 $698.00
    Track

I cannot understand your problems. I am the only person in the US that drives the car on the track. (Cannot get car street legal) Last year I run into a wall at Road America and the damage was done. The left site of the car was demolished completely. Both wheels and all suspension parts as well as the transmission, body panels, front spoiler needed to be replaced. Since we had the car completely dismantled we changed the ECU to 275hp, as well lowered the engine by 20 mm. Race springs where installed as well. I had all the parts as in a three weeks period in the USA. With support of KTM Michael Woelfling and his team as well as my local mechanic, the car is running perfect again. One more thought Road America is very fast and in brake zone in Canada Corner at a speed of 140mph (Speed 220) when I hit the wall, and the cars carbon fiber cell is in perfect shape. This speaks for the car itself.

Hallo Flatsix,
    ich habe 5 Loch Felgen. Also Standart Spurverbreiterung ( DRA System ) kaufen und irgendeine Metall Firma fragen ob sie dir die Kontur dreht. Die Standartzentrierung von Audi passt nicht auf KTM Felge. Nur der Lochkreis der Verschaubung ist gleich.

Gruß
    Uwe

Rad lager sind von 2007 VW Jetta so Felge sollte passen

You are correct. The car did run without any problems, but the feeling, with a new car and the oil pressure lights on all the time, is not the best. After the car returned to me (three week last summer) I had no more problems. My last service 10000 km was comleted on a trip through the alp, in Geneva and I have nothing but possitiv things to report about there service overall. Complete different than Frankfurt, they know the car, drive KTM themself .....

I can only recommend

habe 10 Tage Alpen Rundfahrt hinter mir und habe all Kleidung (genug ohne zu stinken) von meiner Frau und mir im Seesack auf dem Trittbrett befestigt. Geschwindigkeiten auch auf Autobahn war kein problem. Sack war einfach zu entfernen fuer Tagestouren. Sack gegen den vorderen Haltesteg geschoben und mit Spanband festgehalten.

The heater is, as my wife sad an afterthought of the engineer and if you drive the car you can not feel any different if the heater is on or off. The heater will be on 10deg or less and the heater will shut off if the outside temp is +10deg

My problem with the car is of different character. I used the car for a great trip through the Alps since at this time I have my difficulty to get the car into the USA. On my first trip the oil pressure light come on at every stop after the engine was at temperature. The car was at the dealer in Frankfurt for three weeks and the problem, so they thought, was the sensor. I used the car for a second trip and the light for oil pressure come on again. At this time the car is back at the KTM in Austria. Till this time I had a great communication and help from Guenter Fellner (Service KTM). Last week I found that he no longer is with the group. This is not promising a great future for our toys. They tell me that I am the first with the problem and KTM does not know if the problem is the electric, designed by KTM, or the engine from Audi.
    Did any one of you had any similar problems?
    (I can read and speak German but my spelling is not the best so the response can be in German)