Drehmomentschlüssel / Torque wrench

• Hi, I'm looking for a torque wrench for central nuts on the X-BOW. It is rather difficult to find one that works for clockwise and anti-clockwise threads and has the required torque rating of at least 450 Nm. I found some but they all cost well above €500. Which ones do you use and would recommend buying?

Hallo, ich suche einen Drehmomentschlüssel für Zentralmuttern am X-BOW. Es ist ziemlich schwierig, einen zu finden, der für Rechts- und Linksgewinde geeignet ist und das erforderliche Drehmoment von mindestens 450 Nm hat. Ich habe einige gefunden, aber sie kosten alle deutlich über 500 €. Welche nutzt ihr und würdet ihr den Kauf empfehlen?

• Good to know it works well even though it’s expensive. I came up with a possible solution. Combination of a torque multiplier and a smaller torque wrench. Local shop sells the multiplier Licota LIAWT30158C

for €80, torque applied on the input is multiplied by 3,4 on the output so for 450 Nm a 130 Nm torque wrench is sufficient which can be had for €140 from BGS or €80 from Stanley. What do you think?

https://www.ahprofi.cz/nasobic…mentem-600-nm-liawt30158c

• I used Gedore Wrenches for torques between 300 an 600 Nm over years in an underground coal mine for quick-doubble-knee-connections of airpresseaured hoses with diameter about 450mm. Very reliable, almost under realy bad conditions. Sometimes we longered the Wrench with a lever and teetered with 2 heavy guys on the levered Wrench. It only bended a little bit. It`s first choice quality...

Gero

• Also habe ich die Option mit dem Drehmomentmultiplikator ausprobiert und es ist fehlgeschlagen. Erstens war die Reaktionsstange (das Ding, das an der Felge lehnt) zu kurz, also musste ich sie anschweißen und verlängern. Danach habe ich festgestellt, dass sein Material viel zu weich ist, so dass es sich bei Erhöhung des Eingangsdrehmoments stark biegt, es biegt sich so stark, dass es aus der Felge rutscht, bevor Sie das erforderliche Drehmoment für Zentralmuttern erreichen. Leider habe ich es dadurch geschafft, mein Rad ein wenig zu zerkratzen. Außerdem bezweifle ich die Drehmomentvervielfachung, da ich die Mutter auch bei 600 Nm Drehmoment nicht ein bisschen lösen konnte, wenn man bedenkt, dass die Mutter mit 450 Nm angezogen wurde. Ganz zu schweigen davon, dass das gesamte System ziemlich lang ist, was bedeutet, dass zwischen der zentralen Mutter und dem Punkt, an dem Sie Ihren Drehmomentschlüssel anbringen, ziemlich viel Abstand besteht, was nicht gut ist. Nach diesem Fehler habe ich einen 46-mm-Flachschlüssel als Ersatz für die ursprüngliche Reaktionsstange ausprobiert. Der Schraubenschlüssel ging über den Drehmomentvervielfacher und das andere Ende lehnte am Boden. Dieses Setup beugte sich nicht und fügte auch eine vertikale Unterstützung direkt unter dem Punkt hinzu, an dem Sie das Eingangsdrehmoment aufbringen, sodass sich beim Aufbringen des Drehmoments nichts verbogen hat, was gut war, aber das Problem war, dass der Schraubenschlüssel so stark gegen den Boden lehnte, dass er die Kraft verringerte, um die das Rad wird in den Boden gedrückt (Schlüssel reagiert auf den Boden und drückt den Multiplikator nach oben, der das Rad nach oben drückt), dass ich wieder nicht das notwendige Drehmoment aufbringen konnte, weil das Rad durchdrehte :).

Also alle meine Versuche, die Kosten zu senken und das mühsame Wechseln der Zentralmutternräder scheiterten, und ich habe am Ende den Gedore RED 110-550 Nm Drehmomentschlüssel mit beiden Richtungen nach Ihrem Vorschlag bestellt, wofür ich Ihnen herzlich danke! Das fehlgeschlagene Setup kostet etwa 180-200 Euro, das bestellte Gedore 325 Euro. Sofern das Gedore nicht irgendwie versagt, ist es nach meiner Erfahrung ein Kinderspiel. Andere fortschrittlichere Drehmomentvervielfacher kosten ein Vermögen und machen wirtschaftlich absolut keinen Sinn. Ich habe einen für Porsche gesehen, der 2000 € gekostet hat! Es gibt jedoch einige Pluspunkte, Sie benötigen keinen schweren und langen Drehmomentschlüssel und können das Rad alleine wechseln, da die Multiplikatoren in entgegengesetzter Richtung gegen das Rad gelehnt sind.

ORIGINAL TEXT:

So I tried the option with the torque multiplier and it failed. Firstly the reaction bar (the thing that leans against the rim) was too short, so I had to weld and extension to it. After that I found out that its material is way too soft so it bends heavily as you increase the input torque, it bends so much that it slips out of the rim before you reach the necessary torque for central nuts. Unfortunately I managed to scratch my wheel a little bit because of that. Furthermore I also doubt it's torque multiplication because I wasn't able to loosen the nut one bit even when applying 600 Nm of torque, keeping in mind that the nut was tightened to 450 Nm. Not to mention that the whole system is kinda long meaning there is quite a bit of distance between the central nut and the point where you attach your torque wrench, which isn't good. After this failure I tried a 46 mm flat wrench as a replacement for the original reaction bar. The wrench went over the torque multiplier and the other end was leaning against the ground. This setup didn't bend and also added vertical support right beneath the point where you apply the input torque so nothing bended when applying torque which was good but problem was that the wrench was leaning against the ground so much that it reduced the force by which the wheel is forced into the ground (wrench reacts against ground and pushes the multiplier up which pushes the wheel up) that I again wasn't able to apply the necessary torque because the wheel started spinning :).

So all my attempts at lowering the cost and the hassle of changing central nut wheels failed and I ended up ordering the Gedore RED 110-550 Nm both directional torque wrench as per your suggestion for which I thank you very much! The failed setup costs around €180-200, the ordered Gedore costs €325. Unless the Gedore somehow fails, it is a no brainer after my experience. Other more advanced torque multipliers cost a fortune and make absolutely no sense economically. I saw one for Porsches costing €2000! There are some positives though, you don't need the heavy and long torque wrench and you are able to change the wheel alone because the multipliers leans against the wheel in opposite direction.

• The "head" has 2 screws which hold the parts together. You can take them out and "invert" the parts to make it work like a counter clockwise torquewrench. It's an easy 5 minute job.